Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Mercenary World labelled me a Lesbian

What kind of world do we live in? I have been having discussions with people recently that always seem to end in a sombre picture of a mercenary world, where human nature is in decline, values being swept away by iPhones and the future scary...

But is it really so? I mean, I love my iPhone...

I think this subject is too vast and hard to write about, but I wanted to share a few random thoughts. I can only speak for myself, and I notice that people are so little tolerant and understanding, and that more then ever, we need to fit into a box (probably produced in China, of recycled material IF you are lucky).

We just chucked away the freedom our hippie-parents so proudly claimed for themselves together with the wrapping of our ready-made meal. In times of crisis, people go back to the safety of their protectionist and conservative lives and become more self-centered then ever. As if pointing out the weaknesses of the other will increase your own strength!

It makes me sad to see that people experience diversity as a threat, that anyone who wasn’t born in the “right” country, or the “right” family or didn't make the “right” choices has such a hard time to conquer their own place on this planet, in our society... did anyone ask themselves by whose standards we DO live? Who dictates all of this crap?

Genuine support, affection or help, completely deprived from any kind of pervert or mercenary objectives, seems to be no longer acceptable... and has earned me the Label of Lesbian... those of you that know me well, know better


No comments: