Thursday, April 7, 2011

V2 - Could I live a "menage a trois"? ;-)

I have to tell you about one of the most important people in my life today. She is not family, in the sense that she is not blood related, nor married to me LOL. She is not like my dear sister neither... I don't tell her I love her, but I do. She is my neighbour. She is my friend. She takes care of me. She takes care of Mila.

High of her 1m50 you would never guess how strong she is. Cycling her bakfiets loaded with 2 kids and all their gear up the hill. Discrete usually and always thinks before she speaks, you wouldn't guess how smart she is. On top of that she works in the social sector!

Last year I was supposed to go on a trip with a man, who chickened out last minute (yes and I know you will read this - shame on you!). So I took Valentine to New York. Not sure how that was supposed to end, since we have diametrically opposed characters and would have to spend 1 week in 1 room. January in NY -10°C and we survived both the weather and each other's company. In fact, I fell in love with Valentine and New York at the same time ;-)

So we have decided to take each year 1 week off, away from our kids, away from our work, and escape. This year we went to Cyprus and for those of you who follow me on Facebook, you will have seen the pictures... I am already starting to think about next year: Istanbul?

Now Valentine, has 2 little boys, Alexis and Olaf, whom Mila calls 'buurbroertjes' (or neighbour-brothers). Valentine is the 'buurmama'. Valentine is married to Gregory who always works. Gregory is the male alpha of it all, so one night, around a nice cup of tea, we were laughing and decided:
Gregory is M1 (male 1) - Valentine is V1 (female1), which makes Alexis V1.1 and Olaf V1.2 (yes I have been working in technology too long). Last but not least this makes me V2 and Mila is V2.1...

I can tell you that Gregory is a lucky bastard!

No comments: