Monday, April 25, 2011

Kizomba? NO.... Tarraxinha!!

In my series of African music - dancing, I give the floor to Kizomba. Developed in Angola end 80's - early 90's it is one of the most popular genres of dance and music created in Angola. Derived directly from Zouk music, mixed with Semba, sung generally in Portuguese, it is a genre of music with a romantic flow mixed with African rhythm. The kizomba dancing style is also known to be very sensual ;-) Hence why I like it so much?

However, I prefer the even more 'sensual' derived music and dance.. it's limit sexual and called 'Tarraxinha". Tarraxa means 'nut bold' and Inha is the diminutive, so Tarraxinha is a 'little nut bold'. That's the sexual innuendo with the word: little nut bold wrapping around the screw:
I don't like it because of the sex :-) but because of the BEAT. Listen carefully!





No comments: